This weekend we headed to Sabinal, Texas. I know most of you are wondering where the heck that is?! I did too until I met Nathan---Sabinal is "the small town" of all small towns. There is only 1 stop light, a Dairy Queen & a gas station. Not too much else to speak of besides the infamous "R" BBQ where everybody knows everybody...unless you are not from Sabinal which leads to the uncomfortable stares. Nathan actually asked me the first time I came down to take off my furry boots because people were going to wonder what kind of girl he brought with him....Of course, I didn't & let them have something to talk about ;) Why make life boring?!?

Anyways, back to the purpose of this post and more importantly our trip. Nathan's family hosted a Honey Do Shower for us. He was excited because it was finally his turn to get fun stuff---some how Tupperware & muffin pans don't rock his world! The hostesses worked really hard getting everything together and it all turned our great! It was a little strange being at a shower and not knowing anyone but it was great getting to meet some of his family & friends.

Of course my wonderful family drove up for the shower as well and as always with an awesome gift in tow! They got us a brand new grill! Too bad we couldn't fit it in my car because we got so many other great gifts! Nathan keeps saying he likes this whole wedding thing because it feels like Christmas all the time....then again he isn't writing any of the thank you notes either! haha jk I don't mind at all! From hammers to cordless screwdrivers to grilling tools, I think we pretty much got it all!

Luckily Nathan's dad got us a big toolbox so we have somewhere to store all of them. As you can see from the pictures, Nathan was like a kid with all of his new toys! He was giddy the whole time he was playing with them and putting them away. It really was hilarious to watch. More than anything, I was glad we finally got some stuff that he got to be excited about!

Oh and we did have one interesting gift from none other than my sister. Honestly, I knew it was coming before we even opened the box...the card said it all. As Nathan opened the gift all we could do is laugh as he unwrapped a Zebra print Snuggie.... Oh the joy of being a proud Snuggie owner.

That was our last shower until well...the really fun one of course ;) I will keep you posted until then! I am going to Round Top this weekend for the big antique show so hopefully I make it back with some good finds!!
I know exactly where Sabinal is. I have an aunt and uncle who have lived in Uvalde for all of my life, and whenever we drove from Devine to Uvalde, we would go through Sabinal. Devine might've even played them in football. Ask Nathan if he knows where Devine is. That's the town that Gary and I both grew up in.
ReplyDelete