Typically I look forward to Thanksgiving all year long. The food, the smells, baking, family time ---I love it all. For some reason this year is different. I hate to say it but I am trying to wish it away too quickly. I am not trying to seem ungrateful because I am very grateful in fact. I have a wonderful husband, a great family, & the cutest little house but like I said this year I feel .... indifferent.
Here is the problem---I love being married but with marriage comes the splitting of holidays... Nathan's family is wonderful & am excited to be a part of it but at the end of the day they aren't my incredible parents, my fun sisters & my comical Memie. It will be my first holiday to ever be away from them. I am pretty sure I will probably cry in my room or something on Thanksgiving & more than likely I won't be able to call them because that will make me miss them even more...sorry Mom!
Sorry, I don't mean to be such a downer I just love my family that much & I am going to miss them a ton! On the bright side, I am making Pumpkin Cookies AND we are doing more remodel work at Nathan's Dad's house during the break. We are planning to paint the dining room and the hallway. I know, not incredibly exciting but it is 2 more rooms checked off the list!
Here are a few before pictures
We are going to put dining room furniture in here eventually too. It's just not in the budget right now....
What a difference it will make when all the trim, walls, & ceilings are not all the same color!!
Check back next weekend for the after pictures! It won't be before that because it would take hours to upload pictures on dial-up in Sabinal....
I think you and I are feeling the same way! I will share anything I have, but I sure don't like sharing my kids!!!! It will just be really different without you or Tori. We will all adjust and we do have much to be thankful for---it is just a hard transition! I love you very much!!!
ReplyDeleteI know it will be hard this first year but as time goes on you find a way to all come together and celebrate hoidays together either the weekend before or after and once you do that you don't feel like you miss anything.
ReplyDeleteAnd, I feel ya on the dial-up front, Matt's parents got that there internet thing with the dial up and we can't block the phone line on the holidays :)