Monday, November 2, 2009

We didn't kill each other!!

I told you in my last post that Nathan & I were about to delve into the world of house remodeling... Well, we have officially started! There are lots of pictures so I will try to be brief. Ever since Nathan & I started dating, my OCD has been dying to scrape this old paint off the walls and slap on a new and brighter color. I was always a little hesitant because I didn't want to overstep as the "girlfriend" but I have now officially been the "wife" and a part of the family for 2 weeks so here we go!! Enjoy the transformation!

The paint is literally falling off the walls in every room.


All the trim took 3 coats of paint unfortunately...I refused to let the boys help me with trim for the most part. I sent them hunting instead ;) I think they gladly welcomed the break!

It took forever to scrape this lovely LEAD paint off the ceiling and walls...



This was Nathan's scary Halloween costume!

After the first coat of primer...


Ta-Dah! It's finished!! All of our hard work paid off because Kenneth loved it and can't wait for us to start on the rest of the house---We are going to have to wait a little while though. We are poor newlyweds so feel free to make donations ;) Totally kidding!


It still needs some finishing touches such as pictures on the walls and "girly stuff" (as Kenneth calls it) on the dresser.


Ok, funny story. Look closely at the trim in this picture---notice 1/3 of it is a different color. This measured all of the Meyer boys heights while they grew up so there was no way we could paint over that! We figured it would be comical and a unique detail that only their house would have!


Look how much brighter a new coat of paint, white trim, & new curtains make!

Oh & in case you were wondering, Nathan & I did great! No arguments at all! What a miracle!! We have lots left to do so I will keep you posted as it comes along!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so super good! I love to nook or niche or whatever you want to call it. You are an awesome daughter in law. I thought Nathan's dad was precious! So glad you guys are having fun.

    ReplyDelete