Have you ever had one of those weeks where hardly anything seems to go right? Well, for us it has been one of those weeks. Among multiple other things, we woke up Friday morning to frozen hot water in the kitchen. Nathan had already left for work so I left as well not really knowing what to do about it. When I got home from work the hot water had unfrozen and was running & running & running.
You guessed it...the freeze broke our faucet which kept us from being able to turn it off. After weighing our options and making some calls we decided it would be best to go try to buy the broken piece in the faucet. We headed to Home Depot, found out they don't sell the $0.25 piece we needed so we had to buy the last $50 faucet instead. We take it home and of course as our luck has it, it was damaged. Nathan angrily gets back in the car and returns it with what I'm sure was not a very good attitude. He then heads to Lowes for some pitiful customer service that made him even more angry and returned home with 2 ugly outdoor faucets to use as a temporary fix.
As you can see, this was the bootleg result until we could find the right wall mount faucet that we needed.

Saturday morning we left the faucet dripping so it would not freeze again while we were out of town. With water running from every faucet in the house, we headed to Mexia to see Pat, Kim & Mallory. Unfortunately, poor Mallory had a runny nose & an ear infection. Even though she wasn't feeling very well, we were excited to see her now that she is walking all over the place!
Saturday night, Pat & Kim had a surprise party to go to so Nathan & I were happy to be the babysitters! Mallory on the other hand was not quite so happy and she had no problem letting us know. I tried to set her down in her high chair to feed her & I swear you would have thought I was murdering the poor child! Nathan quickly volunteered to go pick up some dinner & as soon as he left, Mallory almost instantly fell asleep in my arms & finally the poor baby was peacefully sleeping.
It was a fun experience & we love Mallory to death but Nathan made sure to let me know that we would not be having kids for at least 5 years! haha It was a nice reality check as to what it is really like to have kiddos and to be quite honest, we thoroughly enjoy handing the kiddos back over to their parents and heading home to our newlywed home! I really promise we are not kid haters and we will volunteer anytime to watch your kiddos but at the end of the day, will gladly give them back!!
After leaving Mexia, we stopped through Waco to pick up the faucet we needed and headed home to end the madness. If only we knew what was waiting for us at home... As I unlock the door at our lovely home I hear LOUD water running & dread what is awaiting us. As I step inside the back door, my suede boots splash in a big puddle of water... The bootleg faucet that pointed sideways had gotten sudden burst of energy while we were gone & water was EVERYWHERE---on the counters, all over appliances, soaking the floors & the inside of all the low cabinets, etc. It was a disaster...
After finally cleaning it all up, I sat down to finish reading 90 Minutes in Heaven (great book that I highly recommend), do my much needed Bible Study, and finally to take a nap! After relaxing for a little while & being in the Word, I had to remind myself that when we are trying to grow our relationship with Christ, Satan loves nothing more than to attack us. I know this is exactly what is going on but it is just hard sometimes not to let all the little things pile up & get you down. Anyone know what I mean? Surely I am not alone in this...right??
Needless to say this is going to be a better week! I am not going to let the fact that the door knob fell off this morning or that the hot water was frozen AGAIN get me down! As I start my FINAL semester of college I am going to try to enjoy it as much as I can & attempt to let the little things roll off so I can enjoy life that much more!
We will see how it goes---Hope everyone has a great week!
dang girl!! when it rains it pours...right???
ReplyDeletethe outdoor faucets were a very nice touch to that farm sink:)
this is not the first water bursting story I've heard as of recently. this cold weather has been here too long!
i hope this week is much better for you newlyweds:)
i really am sorry to hear about these misadventures... seriously though when i read this post this morning i was laughing so hard i was crying (i think the picture of the sink was the perfect touch) i really do hope things get better. love ya!
ReplyDelete