Friday, March 18, 2011

Week 3 Progress Report

I feel like a dork with how excited I get with each stage of progress.
But it is really exciting to see actual progress after so much demolition!

I'm pretty sure this is an indication of how ridiculous and excited I will be as a Mom about every little thing.
Heck, I already am that way with my nieces and nephews... hence the gazillion pictures.
Nathan always tells me the constant flashes from my camera are going to give Luke epilepsy.

Anyways, back to the progression of the house.
As you can see, Triangle Air ran all the duct work and installed the unit for our A/C.

Plumbing is finished for the most part.
I think there are a few little things left to do.
Abel tried to tell me things to relay to Nathan but all the plumbing talk made my brain go to mush and I found myself just nodding in agreement to seem like I knew what the heck he was talking about.
P.s...I didn't, not even a little bit!
This would be the disaster in the yard...
For some strange reason my husband kept saying this was "Beautiful, just beautiful!"
Probably because he did it...
I have started singing him the song from Beauty & the Beast about Gustan and how no one can do anything like him. :)
Hopefully you are picking up on the sarcasm...
Plumbing is ready for the washer & dryer!
The monkey decal finally saw its last day...
Someone took it off---I don't understand why they would think I would have wanted to get rid of it!

We installed the ladder for the attic.

Pretty sure he is tired of me taking his picture.

At the completetion of week 3, we have made quite a bit of progress. Honestly, it seems like it has been going on forever. Someone needs to remind us not to do a renovation during peak season at work next time around. It can be pretty exhausting working all day and then spending every night at the house until about 9 or 10.

I have been able to tell Nathan is worn out because every morning when he wakes up he says how exhausted he is and that he is going to sleep in this weekend. If you know Nathan, you know he is NEVER tired and we definitely don't ever get to sleep in!! Needless to say, we are taking the weekend off. We went to a surprise 30th Birthday for our friend Jeremy last night in Houston, slept in this morning and are going to a hockey game tonight with Haley & Kyle.

Plans for week 4:

  • Finish up small plumbing details (whatever that means...)
  • Prep for insulation
  • Possibly Install Insulation
  • Make a trip out to Round Top for Anitque Week :)
  • Prep for window replacement

2 comments:

  1. I like the second to last plan for week 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think making a trip to Round Top should be on the top of the list! You're going to need things to put IN the house once you finish it.

    ReplyDelete