Saturday, March 26, 2011

Week 4: Great Ending to a Challenging Week

After my last post, you probably sensed how overwhelmed we were last week.
Fortunately, God is good and has a much better plan than we do!
More on that in a moment...for now check out the progression over the last 4 weeks.
Top Left: 4 Weeks Ago
Top Right: 1 Week Ago
Bottom Left: 4 days Ago
Bottom Right: Saturday

In addition, my wonderful husband put all the exterior trim around the windows last night but I have yet to see or take pictures of it.
What a difference a week's time can make!
Windows and siding are installed.
Now on to how God worked this week...
I am going to be pretty open about our budget and finances right now simply because I want to show how awesome God's provision is when you are in His will.
Also note that we are 22 & 23 therefore not exactly loaded...

Last week the cost of unexpected renovation expenses hit us and Nathan & I got to the place where we could choose to stress or to leave it to God and trust that he would take care of us. Typically this is difficult for me because I am a planner to a fault and tend to stress easily. For some reason I felt such a peace and really didn't worry about it.

Nathan & I were planning to go ahead with doing the roof but after all the rebracing, windows & siding, the funds weren't quite where we were hoping...especially since we still needed to pay the electrician and A/C guys(which is a hefty chunk of our budget). On Thursday, we came to the conclusion that we would have to postpone the roof until our tax return drafted into our bank account. On Friday around lunch I had gotten onto our online bank account to check and see if any money magically appeared which I frequently do...surely I am not the only one who does this?!?

I really almost started crying like a baby (but I didn't...no worries) because as I looked at one of our accounts I noticed it was significantly over what it should be. Sure enough, our tax refund had drafted into our bank account the very next day! Not only did it reaffirm the fact that God is ALWAYS faithful to take care of us, it also reminded me of how his timing is ALWAYS perfect.

On top of all that, Nathan left town for the weekend totally overwhelmed with all the work that needed to still be done. Thanks to the help of my Dad & Haley's boyfriend, Kyle, he no longer had to worry about the disaster left behind. My Dad and Kyle spent the entire day on Saturday cleaning up all the asbestos siding, ripping out shrubs, cleaning the inside of the house, and disposing of lots of scrap material.

Ok, I know I have gone on forever and I probably should have put a disclaimer at the beginning but I felt like I needed to testify about how good God has been to us through all of this!

3 comments:

  1. Thats really awesome Paige. So happy for yall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good isn't He? I am impressed with the lessons you are learning at such a young age. The house looks great. I know it will be such sweet home for you two when you finish working on it. I appreciate your testimony and obvious love for The Lord. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. so proud of you guys! i love you!

    ReplyDelete