Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Who say's being married isn't fun?!

OK so maybe I am not married...yet! In 3 months & 2 days I will be...but who's counting! The reality is starting to hit of how soon that actually is. There is still so many decisions to be made and so much to do! My first shower is next weekend... this is all going by so fast! So many people have warned me about things going by so quickly and that we need to take the time to enjoy this point we are at in life. That is exactly what we have been trying to do!


My sister Haley, had a timely post about the 4th of July so you can check out her blog for more pictures. We went out to Round Top for the parade and decided it should be a tradition every year! It was so much fun to watch! Here are a few of the interesting sites...

Oh sexy! haha

Nathan wants to leave our wedding in this car...it can drive both ways!


We also went to Washington on the Brazos for the fireworks. We had a great time with Kramer Family who we happened to stumble upon! They have the most precious 3 girls! The oldest, K.K. thought Nathan was my brother. Boy will she be confused at our wedding!! I will say, the fireworks were a bit of a let down but Laney Rae seemed to love them considering she screamed everytime one off! Too cute!

They seriously look just alike!
.

Laney Rae was sticky from head to toe!


This past weekend Nathan had the random idea to go to the horse races at Sam Houston Race Park. I had never been before but figured why the heck not! Although I was ready to suck it up and endure the heat, to my relief it was all indoors! It's amazing how that can make you such a nicer person!! There were 12 races and we placed $2 bets on most of them. Nathan tried to take the smart approach and figure it all out, look at the statistics, etc... I looked at how feisty the horse seemed, how fast it had been in the past & whether it went to the bathroom before the race. You laugh...it worked and it makes so much sense!!! ha ha I won 5 times opposed to Nathan's 1 time!

All you can see of my horse in this picture is the tail because it was just that fast ;)


So to sum it all up, we are having a blast! This makes me so much more excited about being married. Don't worry, I have gotten my wake-up call in premarital counselling that there won't always be marital bliss but I still think there is so many exciting things to look forward to!!!

By the way, this weekend my whole family is going to the circus...so pumped about it!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to make sure the horse took a load off before the race.... good thinking Glasco!

    ReplyDelete